Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Click Here to Add a Title

Click this text to edit. Tell users why they should click the button.

Click to Call - Local & LIVE Technicians 860-633-7733

Canton Rebuild Your Property From the Ashes

Click here to add a short description


Fire, Smoke and Soot Damage

You've suffered fire, smoke or soot damage. What should you do? If you're reading this, you've already taken the first step. For over four decades, Paul Davis Restoration has been there to restore homes and belongings from losses ranging from furnace "puff backs" to major fires. Our Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) certified contractors have the expertise, experience and, above all, empathy for homeowners who have experienced these types of disasters.

At Paul Davis Restoration, we know how different materials react to fire, heat and smoke and what steps to take to minimize the damage. We perform the necessary services, required by your insurance company, to preserve, protect and secure your home from further damage. We also know how to work with your insurance representative, as a restoration expert not just as a remodeling or general contractor, an important difference when selecting a qualified specialist.

What can you do?

The following are some steps that you can take before we arrive. However, always adhere to the recommendations of your fire department or other responding agencies – your health and safety are more important than your possessions. Please do not take any unnecessary risks.

Edit button text

  1. Report the damage to your insurance company as soon as possible. Most companies have a toll-free call center to take your information. Or you can always report the loss to your agent.
  2. If you must turn off your water, take steps to prevent your plumbing and/or heating supply pipes from freezing.
  3. If you have lost power and it is safe to do so, remove perishable foods from your refrigerator and freezer. The odor created by spoiled food is usually impossible to remove.
  4. Keep a listing of anything you have discarded and receipts for any expenses you incur in protecting your property. Most likely, your insurance claim representative will ask for these items.
  5. If you must relocate, even temporarily, give your insurance company a phone number where you can be reached.

How can you help?

You want your home back to the condition it was in prior to the fire and smoke damage. At Paul Davis Restoration, we know just how to do that.

How can you help?

You’ve suffered a fire and smoke loss, and you’ve already taken the next step to deal with it by checking out our website. Here are some important things for you to know to get back on track and face your claim more confidently.

  • Appliances/Electronics: Do not use any TV, stereo or electronic appliances until they have been checked by a technician. If the electricity is off, empty your refrigerator/freezer completely and prop the doors open with a rolled towel.

  • Carpets: Vacuum loose dry soot smoke particles from carpets. Make sure the vacuum cleaner has a HEPA filter to prevent redistribution of fine soot. Avoid walking or tracking on carpet if possible. Do not use “do-it-yourself” home carpet cleaners.

  • Ceilings/Walls: Do not wipe or attempt to wash ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.

  • Doors: Close doors on affected areas to localize smoke odors as much as possible.

  • Food Items: Do not consume food items exposed to smoke or canned goods that have been subjected to excessive heat.

  • Furnace: Change the furnace or air conditioner filter if the blower is operating. Tape double pieces of cheesecloth over air registers with masking tape.

  • Furniture: If possible, avoid using upholstered furniture or handling drapes.

  • Pets: Remove all pets to a clean environment.

  • Plants: Wash plants with mild soap and water, cleaning both sides of the leaves.

  • Plumbing: Call a plumber to drain and winterize the system if the heat will be turned off in the winter.

  • Windows: If possible, open windows to ventilate.

How can you help?

Serving Central CT including areas such as Rocky Hill CT , West Hartford CT, and New Britain CT since 1999.

Click Here to Add a Title

Click this text to edit. Tell users why they should click the button.

Mold Damage  Resources

Click Here to Add a Title

Click this text to edit. Tell users why they should click the button.

Click to Call


Click Here to Add a Title

Click this text to start editing. This block is great for showcasing a particular feature or aspect of your business. It could be a signature product, an image of your entire staff, an image or your physical location, etc. Double click the image to customize it.